I took W back to Dr.Belmont today for a follow-up visit from his appt in April when we were considering tubes. This was just a recheck to see how he had been through the summer.. W was fine during the summer - no fluid, no ear infections.. As soon as Sept.1 hit, the snot was pouring out of his nose. Yep, you can tell when it's Fall in my house.. So.....he has all this snot buildup and fluid in his ears. Great. Just when I was thinking things were looking up - here we go again. Soooo he thinks its allergy related and put him on a new antihistamine...we've tried Zyrtec, Claritin, Benadryl (this works just knocks him out), so now we are trying Clarinex. He wants to see him back in 3 months to recheck, unless we have more issues that we need to bring him in for.
Wyatt had a great time while we were there... he was excited that he got to push the elevator buttons and was waving hi and bye to everyone on the way out... There's not much shyness in this one, I tell ya...
He asked me how many words he says and I need to make a running tally of those...on the way down the parking garage (we were on the VERY top floor) he was saying "down, down, down." lol...
What say you?
12 years ago
4 comments:
Robbie is on Clarinex and if we accidently forget to get a refill and he goes a few days without it - yep - ear infection!
We also give him Benedryl only at night when he is sick to help with the fluid otherwise it hangs around forever.
The only bad part is my insurance still makes the Clarinex 40 bucks a month! Plus his Prevacid..I have one expensive kid lol!
We tried the generic Walgreens stuff and it made him so wired he wouldn't sleep. So we make sure to give the Clarinex in the morning as a precaution ;o)
Aww I hope he will grow out of it all!!!
Abby has allergies, we have since learned after many tests & medications. She was being treated by her pedi for constant recurring double ear infections w/ the usuals like your using w/ Wyatt right now...Benadryl, Singulair, Zrytec, etc. It was a miracle if her nose didn't run for a whole day! LOL!! Obviously these failed so I took her to an ENT who wanted to put tubes in her ears b/c thats all they know how to do. So, I took it upon myself to take her to an actual allergist before we made a decision as to surgery. He tested her for allergies, put her on Allegra & Nasonex & she has not had the first ear infection since we started seeing him!! Our first visit was in Jan. or Feb. She sees Dr. Singer. He's over by FSRMC/Childrens Hospital. He even drew blood to check her immune system b/c he said some kids just have a weak system & boosting it will stop all problems. I strongly recommend, if you haven't already, seeing an allergist before doing tubes. It made a world of difference for Abby!
We liked Dr. Bellmont when we saw him last month. I seem to be seeing an allergy type thing in Elizabeth also. We went for hearing testing cause the twins are not saying anything - much. I figure speech therapy is in our future. Hope things get better and you can figure out what is up with him!
Post a Comment