Sunday, November 7, 2010

My boys...


I am super proud of my kiddos and I don't say it often enough. Zack is doing great being homeschooled and has rarely missed his "friends." I use that word lightly, because those "friends" who were real "friends" are still our friends outside of school and we still see them....those who weren't, don't really miss us....does that make sense?

He is getting his black belt in Karate in 2 weeks and has worked really hard. He really has grown up a lot in the past year. People often ask me if I am happy with our decision to homeschool......Im not going to lie, it has definitly been an adjustment on everyone's part and there are days we both hate it. BUT, I do think it has been the best for our family. I simply could not send my child back to a school where he was scared to go back. Zack has always been the quiet, reserved type and I think this fits his personality. Sometimes I wonder if I am hindering him making him be with only the family all the time, but ya know, I think that has it's advantages and makes us a stronger, closer family. We are still learning as we go and by no means have it even close to perfected yet, but we are doing what we are suppose to be doing........so, one day at a time...one day at a time.

Wyatt will be 4 in 2 weeks. He is quirky and sweet and has came up with all kinds of Wyatt-isms lately..
  • tormadoes = tomatoes
  • we were in Nashville and passed a lot of HUGE, million $$ houses... I told him to look at them and he said "thats where Princess Peach lives." haha
  • he asked me if we were in Murfreesboro - I said yes - he said "are we going to have a tornado?" LOL....guess it runs in the fam
  • elamator = elevator
  • he doesnt like "pumpkinronis" = pepperonis
  • he will down a salad in no time flat
  • he loves to give kisses and snuggle and still rubs my ear or whoever is near by's ear, when he is sleepy :)
I love both my boys so much and in their own, unique way.

more to come......

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I am glad that things are getting better for you T! Just remember, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. (Remind me of that once in awhile too please.) :)