Sunday, January 4, 2009

Welcome to 2009!

Well its already January 4th... 4 days into the new year... So Happy New Year! I have learned to NOT make resolutions, bc I am not one for keeping them. My only goal for this year is to really learn more about the bible and study it more. As we go to church more and more, I find myself looking deeper into the bible's meanings and wondering and wanting to learn more. It really is true when they say, to want to know more fosters a need for learning. The closer you grow to God makes you want to know more about him and what he has planned for us. I'm still on the hunt for a really good study bible.. or more like a devotional. Maybe something with some daily verses in them and a discussion...





I hope this New year is filled with fabulous things for our family and friends. This is my dreaded 3-0 year and I fully plan to hide under the covers all day - so don't attempt to call me or find me.





Im going to also save receipts this year. I know it sounds petty and small, but I NEVER have the receipts of things... Oh and be more patient with my children - thats always a goal, so its a goal for this year too lol.





On a better note, we got a puppy! Emma joined our family on January 1st. Shes an absolute doll and Im enjoying this puppy thing a lot more than I had intended. (so far) Its sooo different than our last dog experience.. Cindel was the sweetest dog but such a big brute that I couldn't even bare to let her out of her crate most of the time.. AND I was pregnant and SICK with Wyatt so it was an all around BAD situation.. Cindel is in a farrrr better home now that can accomodate her and I hope shes doing well :)

Here's Emma Lou!

The boys got waaaay too much for Christmas! As they always do lol... Im really lucky that we are surrounded by such great friends and family that care so much about our kids. Our boys really are lucky to have all that they have. It just breaks my heart to hear about people that cannot provide for their children.. it always puts your life in perspective when you are complaining about something that somewhere out there is someone who would kill for what you have. I know I probably dont show it enough, but I really am thankful for all we have.

Our pastor spoke this morning about America's problem with worshiping money before God. Its always about what you have, having the best and boggest house possible and a status symbol.. but that really is not what it is all about. But he is so right - people are obsessed with STUFF and THINGS.
I know a couple who are having some very hard times with their marriage/money/work and children and I really think that they need to turn around and look at the bigger picture of things and go to church. I just dont really know how to tell them this. She went with me one time to church and was very uncomfortable, but I really feel that God put her in my path for a reason and I should be helping them in a way. I see them spiraling out of control more and more each day and I just cant sit idly by any longer... any suggestions? lol


Well we are on our way to a movie :) Happy new year!!! check back often.. my goal is to blog more too lol..

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Well, I have no advice for your friend, unfortunatly. Sometimes people need to just realize what they have on their own. I will keep them in my prayers though.

I am excited that you and I have the same goal for 2009, blog more. Maybe you and I can get on each other about that. LOL Oh, and hey, while you are getting on me about my blog, can you get on me about going to the YMCA more too? ;)

Anonymous said...

I'll pray for her too Tasha...

And Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I just now checked your blogs...someone that our ladies Bible study uses is Beth Moore. She is wonderful and will keep you on your toes. I agree if people weren't so self centered and tried to spend time with their families and do what is right the world would be a much better place.