Monday, December 22, 2008

The night before the night before Christmas....

Well lets see, both of my kids are sick. It all started Saturday morning when Z had a fever.... z never has fevers.. so this was odd... It got progressively worse over the course of the weekend ending with a 103.6 fever last night before bed! I normally do ok with fevers.... 102 kind of gets me edgy, but 103 and above really scares me.. he didnt know it at the time, but he was 2 popsicles away from a trip to the ER if it didnt come down soon! Luckily, with Tylenol and motrin, it did..... Then Wyatt started... I could tell he was getting sick when the whineyness started and the no eating. You can always bet if Wy is not eating, hes sick lol. So I took both the little sickards into the Dr today. The diagnosis is Croup for Z that has attacked his vocal cords.. poor guy cant even hardly talk lol.. I laugh at him bc he laughed at me when I was squeaking at him when I had it lol... Wyatt is basically the same thing Z has... he gave me some amox in case I feel his ears are getting infected over the next few days since he has that predisposition.... so....hopefully everyone will be fine for Christmas!

Which brings me to my next point.. Christmas...

today is 12/22. Tomorrow is 12/23 - aka the most boring day in the world. I remember when I was little, I use to dread the 23rd bc it was the day before we did all the fun stuff! We always opened ours on the 24th and I would drudge around the house looking for something pass the time.... 20 yrs later, this is no different. I still dread this day... its the day before everything starts. What in the world do you do all day!?? Then its Christmas day and then you open all the gifts then on the 26th Im all depressed bc its over. All there is left to do is take down all the junk and find places to put all the new junk... Dont get me wrong, I love Christmas, but this is just the reality of it lol...

On a good note, we got to see our "Emma" today :) Mrs.Knight was on her way to the mountains and had the dogs in the car and dropped by so we could see her! Shes soooo sweet! And soooo TINY!!!! Im scared to death we are going to fall on her and smoosh her. we should get her next week :) Yay!

Another thing on my mind....Babies.

Im wishy washy when it comes to baby 3. Yet, I had the weirdest feeling today.... I just heard of someone that is having twins (you know who you are hehe) and another friend just had a baby today... and it made me for a sec get that feeling in the pit of your stomach that you want one too.. if you are a woman - you know what Im talking about. Its really weird bc I havent felt that way since I felt that way about wanting to have Wyatt... weird.... I also recently found out that I will have to take Heparin ( or some variation of) shots if I DO have another.. that makes me iffy too.. but ... anywhoo.....that was weird lol..
Well Im off to watch the Duggars :)
night :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deciding to have baby #3 is so hard...we had talked about it and talked about it. It just seemed like it would be a much bigger transition because we'd need a bigger car, someone would have to share a bedroom, someone would be the middle child, etc...We might never have decided to try for a 3rd and that's why I'm glad God surprised us with him :)

Anonymous said...

Oh and BTW, about the Almay bottle, JT was attached to that thing the entire night. He even asked to sleep with it! Who knew he had such a fondness for eye makeup remover? :)