Monday, November 10, 2008

I dunno....

I don't know what to title this post... just a few things that I have learned over the last few days.
I know this is going to sound really conceited and arrogant of me, but I have learned that my child, Zack, is really a good kid. YOu know, you worry about these things alot and you just don't know. Well, Ive had the opportunity to do a little spying at school lately, and he really is just one of those good kids. Now, I hope and pray this continues and doesn't change for the worse as he gets older.

I subbed Thurs and Fri at school. Thursday, I was the Kindergarten Intervention teacher and Friday, I was one of the 1st grade teachers. I was able to do lots of spying and checking up on friends, ect... There are a few boys I do not want him even breathing the same air as, and others that are not as bad as I had once thought. It was a very eye-opening day for me. I learned that Zack is really well behaved in class. He does what he is suppose to do, is not rowdy and basically just sits and listens and does his work. Im so proud of him. I have the opportunity to eat lunch with him and his friends on both days and just sat back and watched for the most part. Zack was sitting in between 2 girls. The girls were fussing and doing the typical "tell her I said this, tell her I said that.." thing and Zack was the go between guy. Well, long story short, one girl told Zack to tell the other girl not to be this one girl's friend.. and Zack said "no, Im not doing that." I asked him about this later on the way home and he said that its not fair for someone to tell you who you can and cannot be friends with....( insert big huge smile from me here)...he also went on to tell me that later in the day on the playground he told that particular girl to stop saying that to others. He said " A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others." :) :) :) (He heard this on Barnyard for those of you who havent seen it) I was unbelievably proud.

I know he has issues sometimes with drama and not listening, as all kids do. Im not saying hes perfect, but I got to see him in a new light last week.. the Zack he is when noone is around. I was so proud of him and so proud to see him behaving like he should. He really is a good kid and I do love him sooo soo much! :)

No comments: